Friday, February 22, 2008

Hillary Rally

For those of you who don't know, I am a huge Hillary Clinton supporter. So I was super excited to find out last night that they would be holding a rally in Oak Cliff this morning. I called my boss last night and rearranged some meetings so I could attend this once in a lifetime opportunity. I set out of the house with Aaron on Conner duty at 6:30 am. I made my way to Oak Cliff and stood in the freezing temperatures to see her. She arrived around 9:30, made a great speech and energized the crowd of about 500. I was only able to snap a few pictures before my camera batteries died. I made friends with the person standing next to me and I am hoping he will share his pictures with me. When I arrived at work, I heard the tragic news of the officer who died in the motorcade escorting Hillary to the Oak Cliff rally. Hillary cancelled her rally in Ft. Worth and went to the hospital to be with the officers family. This is a day I will not soon forget. - Melody


No comments: