The three day weekend was a nice time to get some rest and finish up some lingering projects around the house. All of us have been sick the last week, it started with Conner, then me and finally Aaron. Aaron felt really bad most of the weekend so he tried to take it easy as much as possible. Conner and I felt better by the weekend. On Saturday, Conner and I drove to Denton to visit my mom and Aunt Glenda. Aunt Glenda had a shoulder replacement last week and is staying at the rehabilitation center. Mom is in town to help out until she's home and feeling better. Before Denton, Conner and I stopped at IKEA to pick up a few things for the bathroom. I found a really great rug that fits perfectly and a framed print that matched my color scheme. After IKEA we drove to Denton, and Conner, Mom and I went to lunch at Pei Wei. We then did some shopping at Babies R Us for my friend Erin. Her baby shower is this weekend so we wanted to get some things on her registry. We visited with my Aunt and she seems to be in good spirits and is getting lots of rehab time on her shoulder. They originally thought she would be in rehab a couple of weeks but she may be able to make it home sooner. Conner and I made it back to Garland around 6 and I turned him over to Aaron so I could finish running some errands.
Saturday morning I made to the gym and that was rough since I'd been out of commission for a week. I did my weekly grocery shopping and then we took Conner to the park. The weather was perfect this Saturday. Conner made a little friend at the park - of course it was a little blonde girl about his age. He also discovered the joy of going head first down the slides. It only took once for him to see another kid doing it and then he decided he should do the same - such a boy!
Monday we had Aaron's brakes replaced on the truck and stayed around the house all day. Last night was rough because for some reason Conner did not want to go to sleep. Conner has always been a very good sleeper and for the most part will go to sleep when we put him to bed. Last night we put him to bed at his normal time and then about 8:30 he started crying. We went in to check on him and he wanted nothing to do with sleeping. I tried laying with him in the bed, we let him watch TV in the living room, we let him watch TV in our bed with me. I finally gave in about 10 and turned the job over to Aaron. Aaron told me he stayed in his room for a couple of hours after I fell sleep. He did everything he could to stay up - he finally gave in about midnight. I'm sure his sleep schedule is really messed up now. Let's hope tonight goes better.
No comments:
Post a Comment