Monday, February 2, 2009

We kept Conner home Friday since our sitter and some of the other kiddos had a stomach bug. Granny B and Papa John came over Friday afternoon to babysit so I could go to work for a little while. Saturday, Conner and I went to Denton to visit Aunt Glenda and Grand. My mom hemmed some material for a tablecloth we'll be using for Conner's birthday party this Saturday. I didn't feel too well so we didn't stay long and headed back home to rest. The last couple of Sundays, Aaron has been meeting his friend Geoff and buddies to bike ride at a park in McKinney, Erwin Park. I decided to go with Aaron this Sunday and thought Conner and I could walk around while they rode. Everyone was a bit late arriving and Geoff didn't make it at all but Aaron rode with a couple of other people that had shown. Conner and I tried to walk the path which is made for mountain biking more than walking. I enjoyed it but decided next Sunday I would put Conner in the backpack instead of carrying him on my shoulders like this Sunday. It also made me want to get another bike. I sold my bike a couple of years ago, so Aaron and I are going to start looking around. We won't be able to take Conner on the bike through that park but would be able to ride in the neighborhood and some other parks in the area. Aaron went to a Superbowl party for the 1st half of the game last night and I tried to watch it while I did house work. Enjoyed the last few minutes - it was a nail biter. Conner's birthday party is this Saturday and I'm looking forward to having a house full of guests. It'll be a zoo in there! (Conner's Birthday Party theme this year is Zoo Animals).

No comments: