Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Terrible Two's

We have officially hit the terrible two's. Conner has been introduced to time out in the last couple of weeks since it seems to be our best tool at curbing the terrible two behavior. He gets really frustrated and demands our attention immediately, and if he doesn't get it, well let's just say he goes from sweet to terrible in a blink of an eye. This morning I was getting breakfast ready to start and he wanted to sit on the stool and help me make pancakes. I guess I wasn't moving fast enough for him because you would have thought the world was coming to end with the crying and screaming. We are still working on potty training and resorted to bribery today. I love chocolate!

I'm officially in Gala panic mode - six weeks and counting. When we get this close to the event there is never enough hours in the day. Invitations were to be mailed two weeks ago. Our graphic designer created a 7 x 7 invitation and picked out paper that was out of stock and we could not find an envelope to accommodate. After several emails, phone calls and compromise with our printer we've managed to track down some paper and envelopes and made some adjustments to get them printed. The invitations should be printed and mailed this week. We had to find a new graphic designer unexpectedly as well but looks like we've found some one to create our final piece, the auction program. We are trying to wrap up the details of our twelve live auction items. Aaron and I picked up one last week, a "Legends Guitar" valued at $33,000. It is autographed by 24 musicians including people like B.B. King, Sting, Steve Vai, Keith Richards, Buddy Guy, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix and so on I can't remember all of them. We are working to get a confirmation on value and hopefully raise a lot of money for it at the event. In addition we will be hand delivering the VIP sponsor invitations this week. I've managed to keep some what sane with working from home after Conner goes to bed, there is just not enough hours in the day. I still need to find a dress and have looked around some but still not sure what I will wear. I'm ready for Gala to come and go yet I'm wondering how in the heck I'm going to get everything done in the short amount of time we have left.

I attended the baby shower of Chelsie today, Aaron's cousin is due in May and having a little girl. Other than that we didn't do much today. I'm hoping Aaron can teach me how to play basketball tomorrow. We are having a team building day at work on Thursday, my team the "Underdogs" has a limited number of people who can compete in the activities and I understand this will be one of our competitions. I'd like to avoid making a complete fool out of myself so I've recruited a training coach. Wish me luck!

No comments: