Thursday, May 7, 2009

Light at the end of the tunnel

We are 9 days away and I can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Last night was my first night to have problems sleeping. The closer the event gets, the less sleep I get. Without an intern this semester I've had a lot more work to take on, not to mention all the mishaps along the way. My days start to run together since I spend about 14 hours a day working. I work at the office 8 to 5 then come home eat dinner and hang out with Conner and Aaron, then after Conner is off to bed, it's back to work to play catch up. A couple nights a week I go back to the office and stay until about 10 pm. Saturdays are a must at this point and this will be the 4th Saturday in a row. People ask why I do it or do I get comp time and the answer is no, well sort of. In the event industry you are always trying to keep your head above water when the event nears but then you also have lulls during the year where I spend my time being friends with google. I have a lot of flexibility as far as coming in late or if I need to take off for taking care of Conner, etc. so in the end it all works out. And when the event is over, I know that all this work will benefit the kids who need it most and that's what keeps me going. This is going to be an exciting event - we have a few new features, a new venue, a to die for menu, the cast of The Lion King and of course Frank. Should be fun!

Sherry is out of pocket on Monday and Tuesday next week so Conner will be staying with one of the ladies I work with. She takes care of her grandkids on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and works at the office on Tuesday and Thursday. One of her grandkids is a little girl named Sarah who is about the same age as Conner so I suspect he will have a blast. Tuesday my Aunt Glenda is coming to the house to watch Conner. Then Wednesday night, Conner will go stay with Granny B and Papa John until Sunday.



1 comment:

The McNemar Family said...

Hang in there girl! It's almost over!