Monday, July 21, 2008

Quiet Weekend

I decided to start tracking the words Conner learn's. I'm sure I've missed a few but I will add them as I remember. He knows a lot more than he can say right now. See the list on the side.

Thursday and Friday we went swimming at Big Perry's Pool. He lives about 5 minutes from us and was out of town and told us to feel free to use the pool. His backyard is very, very shady so it was a bit chilly but we still enjoyed swimming for about an hour each day. Thursday we let Conner run up and down the stairs and we took him out to the deep a few times. Friday we decided to buy a little floatie for him, and he wanted nothing to do with it. Every time we put him down in it he threw a fit. We did discover that he loves to jump of the edge to us, which is a good start to his swimming days.

Saturday we drove to Aimee's to drop off a dishwasher that our neighbor gave us. Conner had fun playing with the kids and of course the hot wheels collection they have gathered over the years. We came back to the house and finished a project we have been trying to get done for sometime. Our gate latch in the back has been in need of desperate repair and in the last couple of weeks became totally inoperable. After some finagling, a trip to Aaron's shop to cut some wood and Home Depot we put on a new latch and added a lock to the back gate.

Sunday we cooked hamburgers on the grill and played in the backyard. We thought it would be fun to blow bubbles with Conner but of course he wants to do his way, (I have no idea who he inhereited this from) which means he will hold the stick and you blow, needless to say this technique resorted in lots of spilled bubble liquid, sticky hands and very few bubbles.

Conner heads to Monica's on Thursday for the weekend and we leave for New Orleans on Friday. We hope the tropical storm has passed through the Gulf of Mexico before we leave.

No comments: