For some time I've wanted to put a picture like this in Conner's room. I first saw pictures done this way at an art show in Fort Worth. They of course cost more than what I wanted to pay. At a recent baby shower for Aaron's cousin, she had one hanging over the crib and it inspired me to finally make one for Conner.

Saturday, Conner and I went to Hobby Lobby to get a frame and mat for the pictures. The check out lines were ridiculously long and of course only two lines were open. One line had about 8 people, the one I was in had about 4 people ahead of me. Conner had been such an angel the entire time, patiently waiting to see the frame people in back and then in a split second turned crazy. As we stood in line waiting to check out, he spotted a car on one of the shelves, stood up in the cart and started crying hysterically. I picked him up to comfort him, refusing to give in to his wishes. When that didn't work, I decided to put him back in the cart to cry it out a little. He was so upset that he almost came head first over the side of the cart. By this point, every person in line was focused on me and Conner. In a weak and frustated moment, I gave in and gave him the car. Then, Silence! I would like to point out how evil retailers are and the frustration parents have felt for so many years. Lucky for me the car was made in China and cost me only a couple of dollars. This is the new car!

1 comment:
I love the picture! Nice truck for a coupe of bucks :)
Post a Comment