Monday, September 1, 2008

Broken Things

Last Sunday, Conner got into my purse and decided to play with my glasses. We ran to Lens Crafters but they suggested I get an eye exam since it had been a couple of years. Monday I went to the eye doctor and my new glasses are on their way. In the meantime, I've been sporting my prescription sunglasses at work and when I need to read. Needless to say, I am ready for them to get here. If that wasn't enough. My boss and I had a meeting at Ben E. Keith on Wednesday and when I stepped out of the car, I forgot my blackberry was in my lap. As soon as we parked a visitor's space opened and my boss decided to move the car. As she was doing that I was digging in my purse to turn my phone off before the meeting. When I couldn't find it, I looked back at the parking space and there lay my blackberry. As I walked to pick it up, I was hoping that it did not get run over. Not so lucky, it was totally cracked. When they ask if you want insurance for your phone, let me be ther first to say - get it! The verizon folks were really nice and even though I did not have insurance, allowed me to pay as if I did and replaced my phone.

I rejoined the gym last weekend so Saturday morning I went to a waters aerobics class which was a ton of fun. Aaron and I went to Central Market to pick up a few things. I wish I could say we went to pick up the healthy organic food but in fact they have home made tortillas on Saturdays and that was the real reason. We picked up a few more items including a beer someone reccommended it, Pumpkin Ale by Buffalo Bills Brewery. It's a good beer but will probably taste even better when the weather cools off. Yesterday Aaron and I went to Target to pick out a potty chair. Conner has been showing signs of being ready to use the potty.

Conner is so much fun right now. He learns so much and the girls at Sherry's taught him "Ready, Set, Go" one day. He thinks it is a lot of fun to say that and then take off running around the house. I've been trying to figure out how to take video so we can post him making his animal noises. He loves animals and can tell you what they are and what noises he makes. We tried to teach him what the UT Longhorn is on his hat and he calls it a cow and then says "moo". It's really funny.

Grandma and Grandpa Wilson are coming in town this weekend. Saturday night they are babysitting so Aaron and I can go to the Texas State vs. SMU football game.

No comments: