Conner has had a runny nose and cough the last couple of weeks. Our initial visit to the peditrician a couple weeks ago diagnosed him as having a sinus infection so we treated it by giving him Bendryl and an antibotic. His cough and runny nose have lingered so I decided to call the doctor yesterday to see if we should come back. They wanted us to come and his peditrician tested him for RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) which he determined Conner had. It's basically a viral respitatory infection and very contagious and can cause bronchitis and pneumonia. Aaron and I rearranged our schedules the remainder of the week since Conner is unable to attend day care. I stayed home today, Aaron's stays home Thursday and then I'm on Conner duty Friday. Unfortunately we will not be attending any Christmas events this weekend and next week is still up in the air as we certainly don't want anyone getting this. Conner's current treatment consists of breathing treatments three times a day for a week. The virus is nonreceptive to antibotics so we just have to wait this out. Conner will be going back to the doctor next week and we hope to have a much better diagnosis and a much happier, healthier Conner.
No comments:
Post a Comment