Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Busy Times

We've been busy the last couple of weeks. Weekend before last we went to the Stars game, I worked selling car raffle tickets and the Stars Foundation presented the Center with a check. Aaron was able to enjoy the game, unfortunately the Stars did not win. Noah celebrated his birthday the same day so Conner stayed over at the Cowley's for the birthday festivities. On Sunday we enjoyed the annual Chili cook off with the Boatwright's.

This past Saturday we did some organizing around the house and Sunday we went to the Arlington Home and Garden Show. Aaron and I have been talking about changing up some of the landscaping in the front of the house so we wanted to look at some of the different plants native to Texas. We came home with a rasberry and blueberry bush. We planted them Sunday afternoon and hopefully we will have some yummy berries this summer. Conner loves pancakes and we almost always have them on the weekends with some type of fruit in them - I can't wait to use our homegrown berries.

Work is keeping me extemely busy since Gala is just a couple of months away. Next week Neiman Marcus is hosting a Gala Dress Fashion Show for us so of course I need a great outfit to wear. I've recruited my good friend Stacy, also my trusted sytle guru to help me find something to wear this weekend. Last week I started a boot camp. We have a Boot Camp instructor coming to the office every Tuesday and Thursday at 4. The workout fits perfectly in my schedule, I just work through lunch and still get home in time to feed the family and hang out with the boys. I've been really, really sore but it is a good a sore since I know it's helping me lose weight and firm up. He doesn't yell at us like I had expected but he does push us to our limits and keeps us moving, running and working those muscles I didn't even know I had.

This Sunday we are taking Conner to a birthday party of a little boy who will be turning two. Aaron has connected with some old school friends through Facebook and turns out a couple of them have some kids the same age as Conner. I understand there will be some kids his own age and a bounce house. Should be a fun party! We haven't taken any pictures of Conner recently so I'll be sure to capture a few and post soon.

No comments: