Monday, March 1, 2010

Snow and Birthday

The last couple of weekends have been a whirl wind. Conner and I drove to Houston on February 12th. Conner was sick the Wednesday before our trip so Monica came to the house and stayed with him so Aaron and I could go to work. Since he was still running a fever Monica offered to take him home that night and keep him. On Thursday we planned to meet and pick up Conner. Little did we know the snow they had predicted in our area would be record totals. Conner stayed an extra night with Monica and Papa John until we could meet up. All schools and most businesses closed on Friday. Our area of town received around 6 inches of snow. We broke most of the records for snow totals. Monica bundled Conner up and let him run around in the snow before we met on Friday to head to Houston.

(Boatwright Backyard Friday Morning)

(Conner at Monica's and Papa John's House)

Conner and I had been looking forward to our trip to Houston to celebrate Emily's 1st Birthday. Friday night I became extremely ill, the culprit, food poisioning. I wasn't much fun after that. My best friend Erin ended up watching Conner and Emily on Saturday morning. The birthday party was at her parent's and I managed to get up and drive over and stay for about an hour. Emily's birthday theme was zebra print and hot pink. I must say, she had the best outfit ever for a little girl turning 1 - a hot pink tutu!! The rest of the weekend Erin, the kids and I stayed around her house. We went to the park for a little while on Sunday but other than that, I wasn't much fun.
Aaron attended a conference on the 19th in Kerrville. While he was out of town Conner and I caught up on playing Friday night. Saturday we ran some errands and Saturday night Aimee and Bruce watched Conner so I could go to the Anatole to check out an event. The Anatole is where the Gala is held and I'm always curious about what other organizations are doing. The Dallas Junior League had a "Rock of Time" theme and the theme for Gala this year is "Rock On". I met my friend Catherine, the catering manager, and took a quick tour of all the decor and met some of the vendors working the event. It was pretty spectacular and glad I checked it out. Conner and I headed home and watched Toy Story 2 that night. I've only seen parts but I believe Conner is on about his 100th viewing. It's all he'll watch now!!

With all that was going on it was nice to just be home this weekend and take it easy. Now that Gala is just 8 weeks away I'm spending some time at work on Saturday's. Every year I think I'll be so organized that I won't have to work so many hours around the event. We'll see!!

No comments: