Sunday, May 9, 2010

Where has the time gone?

It has been a whirlwind month for all of us. Gala has finally, for the most part, come to an end, at least for 2010. We left for Austin on April 10th to meet my parents. Grandma and Papa graciously accepted our offer of babysitting Conner for TWO full weeks. He had a wonderful time camping in San Antonio, going to the zoo, a rodeo, the beach, the mall, a baseball game and lots of other wonderful activities. While Conner was having a fun vacation, Mom was working hard, really, really hard. On Monday the 11th I hit the floor running and didn't stop until Sunday afternoon on the 18th. I calculated that I worked a total of 100 hours the week leading up to Gala, who even knew that was possible! It was a very rough year logistically for a number of reasons but ultimately we reached our million dollar goal. Everyone had a wonderful time and the band was a huge hit. The weekend following Gala, Aaron and I took a mini vacation to Austin. We took in some of the night life and shopping during the day. Sunday we met my parents and Conner. I wondered if he might have forgotten us by then. I'm happy to report that he did not. Aaron and I were pretty tired of the hotel life two weekends in a row and were looking forward to a low key weekend around the house. We fell back into our routine pretty quickly. Conner was excited to get to school on Monday but Tuesday he cried and cried and wanted to go back to Grandma's. He tried very hard to convince me to drive to Grandma's (an 8 hour drive to Corpus I might add) on Tuesday while headed to daycare. This weekend we took Conner to his first movie, "How to Tame a Dragon" in 3D. He absolutely loved it. We also discovered from his trip to Corpus that he loves his popcorn. Grandma will be so proud that we indulged at 9:45 am Saturday in a large bag of it, with butter I might add. Conner made me a magnet at school for mothers day that is made from clothes pins, painted pink and has lots of glittery flowers and butterflies. It's my first official mothers day art project and I couldn't be more proud. Aaron did very well as well and purchased a basket of Scentsy products for me. My house smells awesome. This past week my supervisor, VP of Development, left to "pursue other career options". I've decided that after three years that I am going to throw my hat into the ring for the position. I'll keep you posted.
Conner's Trip to Corpus Christi and the Gala Ballroom.


No comments: