We started the summer off with a full schedule of things to do. It's amazing how much changes in just a short amount of time. Aaron had several teacher workshops and conferences to attend the first two weeks of summer, along with balancing the two graduate classes he enrolled for he stayed busy. During this time he learned that one of the Tech Ed teachers at Namaan Forest High School was leaving. He had talked about moving to the High School level in the past and when this opened up he threw his hat in as a candidate. In fact, on the day he announced he was interested the Tech Ed teachers were at a meeting together and the High School principal invited him for an interview that day. Dressed in his usual summer attire, shorts and a t-shirt he headed to the interview. Can you believe he actually interviewed at the High School like this? He must be pretty good because they rearranged some teachers at GISD and Aaron announced the following week that he would be teaching at the High School level. He will have four AutoCad classes and one Manufacturing class. His new shop is huge, in fact, I think our whole house would fit in there. He has his own personal parking spot in the back by the shop and can pull right up to the garage. Such a shop teacher!
I love the events and the volunteers I've worked with the last three years at CAC. Despite the best event committees, this past year has been extremely tumultuous and a true test of my character. A year ago, I started my job hunt in hopes of finding a little peace while advancing my career. This past year, I've had a boss who bullied and overworked me and showed zero appreciation. That particular boss was finally fired one week after the Gala. Huge relief! Since April, every person in the development department (5 of us total) resigned from their position. The mass exit was set into motion when the upper management dismissed, disregarded our complaints and refused to take action to remedy the problems. Two months ago, I received a call from United Way of Dallas, one phone interview, two in person interviews, one personality test, reference check and background check later I was finally offered the position as Events Marketing Director. On July 6th I formally accepted the offer and submitted my resignation from CAC. I am absolutely ecstatic about the new job. I get to work on some volunteer and award appreciation events while creating some new events to build awareness about United Way. The canvas is essentially blank. I'll be working in downtown Dallas near the West End/Dallas World Aquarium and will get to ride the train most days. For those who don't know, I'm not big on suburbia, so this is a nice balance for me.
We've spent the remainder of our summer working on repairing the exterior of the house and swimming at the water park. Conner is such a good swimmer. Everything clicked for him this year and one of his favorite things to do is pick the dive sticks up from the bottom of the pool. We are hoping to take a quick vacation one weekend this summer to Sea World. Other than that we are keeping it low key this summer.
Pictures to come soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment